- Long transport routes between storage and assembly locations
- Different storage locations with insufficient performance and capacity
- Increasing demands on the production logistics, shorter delivery times, smaller batches, larger product diversity and quicker product changes
- The need for a more efficient supply chain while reducing the storage areas in production
- Growing company structures, and even longer routes
- Fully automatic transport of AKL-capable goods
- Reduction of tied-up investment capital
- Immediate availability of goods after receipt
- Short access times for goods
- Reducing manual transport overhead
- Servus overhead routes, critical assembly floor-space is kept free for production
- Local access to all available materials
- Just-in-time delivery
- Scalability of the system in terms of performance and storage capacity
- The ability of the system to continuously adapt to changing
Servus in Action at Zumtobel
Caption: The Servus ARCs seamlessly transfer the items directly from the warehouse to local picking stations in production. The routes run overhead in the assembly halls, leaving critical floor-space free for assembly. More information on the SERVUS system at Zumtobel in Dornbirn can be found in the Zumtobel Case Study.
Zumtobel Group AG
The Zumtobel Group is an international lighting company and a leader in the innovative lighting solutions and lighting components field. With its internationally established brands, Thorn, Tridoniv and Zumtobel, the two brands acdc and Reiss, as well as the Zumtobel Group Services, the group of companies offer its customers an extensive range of products and services worldwide. The company with its Thorn, Zumtobel and acdc brands is the European market leader in the lighting industry.
The company group is listed on the Vienna stock exchange (ATX) and employed 6,562 staff at balance date, 30 April 2017. In the 2016/2017 financial year, the company generated a turnover of 1,303.9 million euros. The group’s main office is in Dornbirn, Vorarlberg (Austria).
“In comparison to other systems, you can plan on a shorter time scale, and avoid the need for high investments right from the start. The Servus Intralogistics’ system is extremely flexible in terms of integration with the existing infrastructure, and expansion looking forward.”